A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.The Role
The Legal Ninja team (Palantir’s in-house legal team) works to proactively address legal issues so that Palantir can continue to drive positive impact in the world. Corporate and Securities Legal Ninjas are the legal backbone of our Equity and Corporate Governance team.
In this role, you’ll be a key contributor to the Legal Ninja team and to the company as a whole working as a generalist on a wide array of legal matters, from negotiating commercial agreements with Fortune 50 companies to working on regulatory, intellectual property, employment and international issues. However, you’ll also be a specialist, and dedicate a considerable amount of your time to securities issues while interacting directly (and frequently!) with our General Counsel, CFO and CEO.
As a Corporate and Securities Ninja, you’ll take on novel, complex issues as they arise, refining ill-defined objectives and bringing multi-stepped projects to completion. You’ll leverage your interpersonal skills to quickly build relationships, and can translate legal advice into actionable guidance for a wide variety of stakeholders with ease. You are diligent, hardworking, low ego, able to laugh at yourself, and can find enjoyment even in stressful situations. This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual keen to join a hardworking team that cultivates Palantir's equity philosophy, connects with folks across the Palantir community, and sees itself as central to Palantir’s mission.Core Responsibilities
- Advise on a range of equity and securities issues, including public company filings.
- Own corporate governance for Palantir and our subsidiaries and joint ventures.
- Independently lead contract drafting and negotiations for complex deals.
- Assist in management and day-to-day administration of Palantir’s equity portfolio.
- Help advise on a multitude of issues across the company.
What We Value
- 2+ years corporate/securities attorney at a top firm or in-house; a combination of practice at a firm and in-house is preferred but not required.
- Experience with SEC reporting requirements, corporate governance, board matters, public company filings, and equity plan administration.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to novel issues.
- Able to multitask, problem solve, and balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to work a varied schedule based on the needs of the team.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.