Support internal and external customers on multiple platforms. Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction. First point of contact for handling customer issues, providing guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents. Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, create playbooks, and provide mentoring on customer related issues to front line Cloud Engineers.Key Responsibilities
- Provide Fanatical customer support from onboarding through growth at Rackspace.
- In addition to providing customer support, will be responsible for helping build tools and processes necessary for excellent customer outcomes.
- Educate customers and Rackers on best practices in terms of redundant architecture and application deployment workflows.
- Mentors new and existing Rackers.
- Obtains additional relevant knowledge.
- Participates in process/tooling improvement.
- Work and collaborate with a team of Rackers.
- Handles GCP platform and OS level changes with high complexity, troubleshoots persistent issues within an environment.
- May assist with new environment builds and is involved in issue that may take days or weeks to complete.
- Handles escalations from level I Cloud Engineers and are expected to mentor with the escalation.
- Ownership of complex issues and development of solutions.
- Able to provide Fanatical support on escalations and customer support issues while tools and processes to automate, improve and increase customer satisfaction.
- Think outside of the box for new customer issues and figure out how to implement lasting solutions. • Proved focus on automation and implementation of improvements.
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud providers.
- Automation experience with at least one configuration management system such as Chef (directly or via AWS OpsWorks), Puppet, Ansible, GCP Cloud Formation, Salt, or other such tools.
- Experience working at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, and Java.
- Experience working in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps environment. Knowledge (preferably experience) in building distributed, highly available applications.
- Strong Linux skills, while being comfortable working in both RHEL and Debian based environments.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common web servers, database, caching, and database services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
Education and Certifications
About Rackspace Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field required and 3-4 years of experience.
- Nice to have: Google Certification
- Nice to haves: Proficiency with Python, PHP, or Ruby. Experience working in a containerized environment (Docker/LXC).
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies across applications, data and security to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.