Owns the relationship held with each customer and serves as an interface between the customer and the Rackspace support infrastructure to ensure the customer’s technical, system administration, and specialist support needs are met. Owns customer issues from identification to resolution and ensures customers know the value of Fanatical Support. Maximizes the strength of the customer relationship by building a solid rapport with stakeholders in both the client and Rackspace organization, identifying and taking advantage of sales, networking and PR opportunities and managing difficult situations to ensure that Rackspace’s reputation of Fanatical Support is upheld.Key Responsibilities
- Manages relationships of more complex accounts due to level of MRR and complexity of systems.
- Supports Enterprise level accounts and/or the most complex SMB accounts.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve complex issues.
- Functions as an advanced relationship builder with internal and external influence.
- Innovatively solves complex customer problems.
- Executes advanced project management skills and techniques.
- Works cross-functionally to solve customer problems, involving internal teams based on product expertise and customer configuration.
- Partners with sales to identify, research and execute on opportunities to leverage the Rackspace product portfolio to grow customer’s footprint.
- Lead peers and develop Account Manager Is amp; IIs.
- Implements component upgrades. Assists Team Leader in coaching and developing Account Management team.
- Strive towards a world class target of 80% for the Net Promoter Score.
- Ensure high End of Ticket Ratings through world class Service Delivery Management.
- Engagement of every customer within their customer portfolio at a minimum once per quarter.
- Contribute to install base growth by identifying new business/ upgrade opportunities
- Accurately forecast churn and engage managers/ business development consultants to avoid defection.
- Reduce the risk of churn by ensuring we retain customers in contract.
- Control credit memos through good administrative control and negotiation on service failures.
- Advanced understanding of Rackspace’s products.
- Advanced understanding of relevant technology.
- Advanced Knowledge of servers/computer hardware and software.
- Advanced level of responsibility and peer mentoring.
- Progressive knowledge of hosting environment.
- Ability to adapt working style and approach to best communicate with various business contacts.
- Entry level for Enterprise AMs.
- Ability to quickly learn Rackspace product offereings, customer service model and business processes.
- Basic knowledge of the technology industry.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to apply previous work experiences to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making.
- Ability to understand and apply RAX customer support model.
- Advanced interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Exhibits excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong knowledge of business products, industry trends/best practices and solid understanding of financial terminology.
- Solid understanding of Rackspace’s differentiator in the market with an ability to communicate the value of that difference to key stakeholders providing FANATICAL SUPPORT.
- Flexible and adaptable to work schedule based on customer need.
- Able to prioritize and highly varied work level in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and qualities.
- **Roles supporting our LATAM customers require fluency reading, writing and speaking Portuguese or Spanish at a technical/business level.
Experience and Education
About Rackspace Technology
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires a minimum of 4-6 years relevant service/relationship management experience (including experience requirement below).
- Prior account management experience highly desirable.
- Relevant hosting/technology experience preferred.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Experience handling multiple tasks required.
- 3 - 5 years customer relationship management experience.
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies across applications, data and security to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.