Serves as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and has ownership of technical support for a designated customer base. Works with multiple Account teams to complement the goals and tasks of the business on a daily basis. Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, Associate Support System Engineers may occasionally require on-call coverage overnight and on weekends and holidays.Career Level Summary
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, and general instructions on new assignments
- Plan and execute project related work, including server, network and datacenter migrations. Perform Quality Control passes and plan, as well as execute, complex maintenances. Deliver outstanding customer outcomes while working with new bleeding-edge technologies. Grow into the Support Systems Engineer role through training and mentoring. Engage with manager, lead tech and account manager daily to help coordinate workload. Design and troubleshoot network communications and solutions using various platforms. Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services for customers, such as OS level concerns, web server, database server, applications server and mail; includes Nginx, Apache, PHP, RHCS clustering, MySQL, FTP, SSH and DNS. Teach customers how to fish by advising on technical issues; this includes designing and implementing solutions to meet business needs, including advanced software and hardware updates, that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Collaborate with fellow system administrators, engineers and support team members by leading projects and creating/teaching technical coursework to junior team members. Provide Fanatical Support in all interactions.
- Thorough knowledge and love of Windows operating system. Advanced knowledge of servers/computers hardware and software, DNS and networking fundamentals including diagnostics with Windows tools. Inherent problem-solver with desire to learn and take on responsibilities. Inherent problem-solver with desire to learn and take on responsibilities. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to both nontechnical and technical audiences
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience preferred
- Technical certification including Windows+ strongly preferred
- Requires approximately 5+ years working in a computer technical field, 3+ years in an enterprise server environment, or 2+ years in web hosting environment
About Rackspace Technology
- General office environment. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. No special physical demands required. Schedule flexibility to include working a weekend day regularly and holidays as required by the business for 24/7 operations. Occasional travel, less than 10%
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies across applications, data and security to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.