Responsible for developing new products and features in the Private Cloud infrastructure, as well as performing some day-to-day operations such as provisioning hypervisors, connectivity issues, and upgrades. As part development and part operations, DevOps Engineers will be required to split their time between both. Due to the 24x7x365 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, and holidays.Key Responsibilities
- Works as part of a Development Team to standardize software component operability.
- Works appropriate tickets in queue in order to understand how to modernize the existing operations business.
- Develops service- based tools that allow engineering operations to improve productivity.
- Develops next generation systems that power Private Cloud infrastructures for Rackspace customers.
- Ensures the control, integrity, and accessibility of the VMware and OpenStack environment for the enterprise.
- Performs regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Advanced virtualization experience administrating a VMware web environment or an e- commerce platform with uptime requirements on any web- based platform.
- Collaborates on a tiered application powered by virtualized infrastructure.
- Development experience writing Grails and Python, collaborating on API design.
- Strongly prefer experience writing disparate systems where data is passed through JMS message bus.
- Operating systems knowledge (Windows and Linux) with some basic network administration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field required and 10+ years commercial experience as either a LAMP stack software developer and/or systems administrator with at least 5 years of current commercial experience as a DevOps Engineer working with a high-traffic site.
- Experience with high-availability, high-performance, open source web technologies.
- Experience with cloud platforms, open source databases and caching layers.
- Advanced usage experience in VMware virtual systems required.
- Advanced usage experience in KVM virtual systems preferred.
#LI-CGAbout Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies across applications, data and security to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.