We are looking for a Friendly and Caring Customer Experience (CX) Developer
The position requires something of a generalist, who is comfortable working in and learning a wide variety of technologies and codebases. You will be working on a lot of diverse, small (less than 8 hours) tasks for our clients. If you are a fast learner, care about people and like to have a new interesting problem to solve every day, this is the job for you!
The big picture of support work is to make our partners happy by being an effective consultant and developer who leaves clients feeling valued and cared-for both in their time of crisis or in regular course of business support. You’ll be a successful candidate if you have experience in agencies, you are self-motivated, have strong analytical skills, and you have the ability to learn quickly.
This is honestly a fairly unique position, as it requires three things in balance:
- You need to be technical enough to thoroughly and correctly estimate and resolve issues as they come up.
- You need to be relational (with enough emotional intelligence) to relate to and take care of people via emails, phone calls, and support tickets.
- You need to have leadership skills to coach a small support team
You will be primarily involved in taking on development work that can be done in less than a day and seeing it through to completion, including guiding it through code review, quality assurance, and eventually deployment. Your team will be of other developers, also located in the same office in Mexico City.
We pride ourselves on bringing in the brightest minds and building a collaborative and fun working environment.
Day-to-day, you will work with a lot of different codebases and within a lot of different PHP CMSs, such as WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Craft CMS, Drupal, Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, etc.
You will be primarily involved in resolving site outages and taking on development work that can be done in less than a day and seeing it through to completion, including guiding it through code review, quality assurance, and eventually deployment
- Provide front-end and back-end development, as well as updates, using WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Craft, and Drupal, Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, and custom applications
- Develop using responsive and high-fidelity philosophies, as well as cross-browser compatibility
- Report progress on development at daily stand-ups and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial action to keep the project on track
- Work independently or as part of a team as the work requires. Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with other members of the delivery team and the wider technology organization
- Estimate the time and materials required to complete a piece of development work
- Share amp; document system and domain knowledge to eliminate single points of failure
- Use Docker and docker-compose to setup existing and new local environments
It's important that you're comfortable learning new things and teaching others, so you can help clients accomplish their goals and provide a reassuring presence. Some moments you'll need to do nerd talk, others you'll need to be able to provide a hug via email.
- Be deliberately helpful and care about other people
- +4 years of relevant experience working with PHP, JS, CSS, MySQL in a digital agency (preferably)
- +1 years of relevant experience leveraging some of the following technologies and frameworks:
- Frontend: ReactJS, AngularJS, or Vue.js
- Backend: Express.js, Django, Node or Flask
- Other databases: MariaDB and MongoDB
- Other Programming Languages: Java, Golang, .NET, and Python
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Gulp or similar task runners
- SASS or CSS preprocessor experience
- Use of best practices for version control, code reviews, and branching in GitHub or Bitbucket, etc.
- Practical (user) experience with DevOps and technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills (our current primary tools of communication are Slack, Jira, Zoom, and Email), both verbal and written. A GRAYBOX Developer has a voice and knows when to make it sound
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced, environment alongside distributed teams
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Solid attention to detail amp; commitment to doing things the correct way
- Be committed to being in business hours on weekdays, and have loose availability for critical things on off-hours
- Grow your US Network
- Distributed-first work environment
- Competitive comprehensive benefits package:
- 30 days Christmas Bonus pay
- 16 days PTO from first year
- Premium Private Health Insurance
- Office Snacks amp; Amenities
- 10,000 MXN Educational Benefit per year (can be used towards courses or conferences)